Audio Unavailable at this
The program on ‘Drug Abuse’ is not about condemning or
criticizing anyone. It is not about a puritanical approach, but the realistic acknowledgement that this is an
unfortunate part of the society in which we live. It is not at all promoted by ‘Kick Off’, nor is it considered
to be acceptable. The issue of drug use & abuse does, however, need to be based on common
- Description of the common illicit drugs available & frequently
- Details about the actions & side effects of these
- Consequences (physically, psychologically, emotionally, socially) of these
- Reasons for using.
- Alternatives to using.
- The link between drug use & abuse and underlying depression or mental health
- The link between drug use & abuse and poorly traveled developmental processes and
development of inappropriate coping skills.
- What to do when offered drugs & what to do when a ‘mate’ or friend is
- Recognising the signs of illicit drug use & abuse.
- How the use of drugs affects academic and sporting performance; and social
- What is drug addiction?
- Treatments available for drug abuse & addiction.
- Sessions run for approx. two (2) hours & are especially important due to the
seriousness of the problem. It can be split into 2 one (1) hr. sessions.
How sessions are run:
- These sessions are definitely group participation with encouragement to interact with
facilitators. All necessary information, literature, feedback forms, workbooks are provided. Audio visual
presentations are an integral component of the workshops/program.
©2008 Waldel Pty Ltd